Skill level required: Skating skills, knowledge of ref skating patterns, basic to advanced standing/falling stop skills
- All refs pick a spot. Three refs are bunny and jammers. Bunny and jammers have whistles.
- Start whistle goes. Bunny sets PR speed, jammers set JR speed.
- Bunny and jammers call suicides. They take it in turns to whistle. Two whistles = a standing stop (plough/T/tomahawk, etc) and four whistles = a falling stop (1 knee/ 1 knee 180/2 knee/4 point).
- Try to choose your stop based on positioning and bunny/jammer placement to make sure you can stop/slow down and still keep your eyes on the pack.
- Bunny/jammers – do not whistle and speed up at the same time, be aware the refs will be trying to watch you and stop/slow down.
- Drill can be combined with Penalty Calling Practice